- The New York Times Company
- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
21 Warren St
The Marketing Manager will join an entrepreneurial team that is building a new portfolio of world-class live events. Led by senior editors of The New York Times, NYT Live consumer events are editorial products - live journalism - and feature the leading influencers of our time.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for marketing, creative assets and ticket sales related to consumer events for The New York Times, focusing on the TimesTalks series. They will also be responsible for supporting the execution of the NYT Food Festival and additional consumer events.
* Create and execute the marketing strategy for consumer events using various promotion channels such as email, print and digital ads website, cross-promotional partnerships (internally at NYT and with external organizations) and social media (FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram)
* Manage relationships with creative services team to ensure all assets are drafted and delivered on time across channels; act as point of contact for project manager, designer and print production colleagues
* Oversee the development of consumer event promotional materials including email campaigns, print and digital advertisements, printed programs and onsite signage; responsible for drafting all content in collaboration with Executive Creative Director and Programming Director
* Coordinate with talent publicists, moderators and associated partners (film companies, book publishing companies, etc) to receive relevant assets and ensure they are promoting upcoming TimesTalks through social media and other creative digital promotions
* Work with the newsroom to promote TimesTalks across print, newsletter and editorial platforms; pitch events to live journalism team to be featured on main social media channels
* Manage relationships with internal corporate communications team and external PR agency of record
* Maintain all TimesTalks-related accounts, including customer service email account and timestalks.com (wordpress website)
* Manage and grow TimesTalks Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts through ongoing schedule of daily postings promoting new events and video content from previous ones; create boosted social media campaigns to generate ticket sales
* Set up new events on ovationtix.com, update content on timestalks.com and update social media accounts with new event announcements
* Livestream events through TimesTalks social media accounts
* Collaborate with subscriber events team to promote TimesTalks to high-level subscribers
* Schedule print and digital ads with in-house production team
* Provide on-site production support at TimesTalks events including will-call, front-of-house support, reserved seating and technical aspects
* Assist with the management of the TimesTalks online video channels, including youtube.com/timestalks
* Provide daily ticketing reports with updates on sales and weekly updates to team on upcoming print and email announcement schedule
* Respond to daily customer inquiries about ticketing to events in collaboration with ticketing vendor Ovationtix
* The position requires outstanding interpersonal abilities, energy, enthusiasm, and a comfort with entrepreneurial, fast-changing environments
* A strong interest in the cultural arts, current affairs, news and media is preferred.
* Proactive planning abilities. Creativity, credibility, and attention to detail.
* Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and events simultaneously.
* Ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Strong digital, written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and computer proficiency.
* Ability to work nights and some weekends if needed. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat)
College degree required. 4+ years event marketing experience.
Benefits and Perks:
* Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
* We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
* We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
* We offer a competitive parental leave.
* We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
* We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
* Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...