At Flatiron School, we're changing education. Since 2012, we've been teaching amazing people how to code and helping them find jobs. We give incredible people the tools to do what they love for a living, and match companies with hires who will do amazing work, take great pride in their craft and view their work as a chance to grow more.
Lead Instructors at Flatiron School must love teaching. We make it a mission to seek out teachers who can infect, infuse and inspire with passion, wisdom, positivity, and humor. They show students how to love what they do, and how to better love who they are.
As a Lead Instructor, you will work directly with students as they work through the material, and with fellow Instructors to develop and deliver course material, troubleshoot student issues, build community within our student body, and overall create productive, inspired, employable practitioners of a technical craft.
The Lead Instructor will:
* Build for scale by planning, writing, and delivering lectures in accordance with the progress and pace of the class. * Pilot our experimental efforts in curriculum and pedagogical style pursuing our collective unending quest to provide the best experience and most positive outcomes. * Develop and lead student project sprints throughout the semester. * Prepare your own lectures but anticipating last minutes changes based on the class' progress and learning goals * Use feedback from students gathered via class surveys to greatly exceed the minimum bar. * Integrate feedback from team members on progress of class to set pacing and determine tactical interventions.
Qualifications for Lead Instructor:
* Professional experience as both a teacher and a data scientist
* Strong Knowledge in Data Science, Data Analytics, R, Python, Etc
* Strong Knowledge in Statistics, Mathematics and Machine Learning
* Strong communication skills, and great judgement about what communications to use in a particular situation or on a particular medium
* Service orientation: You're delighted to help people succeed, whether that's your colleagues at Flatiron School, or the students you're teaching
* The ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of colleagues, from curriculum writers to engineers and designers
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We've been teaching since 2012, and now we're developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school - we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we've helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech.
To achieve these outcomes, we've never let ourselves stop growing - we've constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students' learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we've found a partner who shares the mission we've had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won't change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.