Global Accounting and Transfer Agency Technology is a global team supporting the rapidly growing Global Accounting and Transfer Agency businesses. BNY Mellon is one of the world's largest Fund Accountants. GFA has been undergoing a period of operational transformation and is now bringing to market a number of new digital capabilities. The role of the Technology Program Manager will be pivotal in managing these initiatives. This is a high profile role within a highly ambitious and motivated global team of technology professionals.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Accounting and Transfer Agency Technology Transformation and will be based in New York.
Manage delivery of a large complex strategic initiative crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations
Accountable for the ultimate success of the program and continued alignment with the business strategy
Responsible for stakeholder management particularly those external to the organization
Manage multiple related sub-projects and, in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective
Collaborate with constituent project managers, project leads, development leads and/or Scrum Masters to monitor plans, cost, schedule and technical performance of component projects and operations
Work with business stakeholders to ensure priorities and requirements are identified and fit for purpose
Responsible for the overall program communication (facilitating steering committees, regular program ceremonies, communicating with all levels of the organization including executive management)
Hands-on management of program risks and escalations
All team members within the program take direction from the Program Manager for the duration of the project
Leads and provides innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities of highly complex projects involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization. Owns formal definition, documentation, and communication of overall program scope and objectives. Manages all changes to the scope and requirements through a formally defined change control process. Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have leadership responsibility for Program Team members. Acts as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and a specific business/functional area. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of Project/Program Management objectives.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 12 + years of project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
* Program Management Professional (PgMP?), or Scrum Alliance Scrum Master (CSM) or Product Owner(CSPO) certifications are beneficial.
* 5+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum.
* 5+ years large project [>$4m] / transformation delivery experience gained in Operations or Technology
* Experience delivering 3rd party Fund Accounting or Custody platforms
* Effective communication, consensus building and conflict management across all levels in the organization
* Holistic thinker with the ability execute on business strategy combined with attention to details
* Prior experience managing strategic cross-organizational projects and planning and tracking multiple complex projects or programs required. * Experience managing vendors and contracts as components of a program.
* Experience in working with global technology and operations teams
* Experienced in the use of Jira, Confluence, MS Project and Excel for tracking complex programs * Experience of managing multiple geographically dispersed teams
Advantages to have
* Experience in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Custody
* Experience of managing technology teams, applications and architecture
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.