- Sony Pictures
- $137,025.00 -143,160.00/year*
21 Warren St
Director, Digital Strategy and Editorial - Mel Robbins Show
The Mel Robbins Show is looking for a Director, Digital Strategy and Editorial Lead to join our team. We need an exemplary individual: an experienced manager with a track record of developing successful digital strategies and creating share-worthy content.
The Director, Digital Strategy and Editorial is responsible for providing oversight and daily editorial direction for \"The Mel Robbins Show\" website and all social handles. They will work closely with talent, producers, a digital manager, digital editor, and copywriter to create content to drive \"shareability,\"
tune-in, and awareness for this new daytime talk show. This position will lead a team of three under the supervision of the Digital Executive Producer and will report into the VP US Distribution & Ad Sales Marketing at Sony Pictures Television.
This position will be based in NYC and cannot be remote.
* Lead and oversee the planning and creation of compelling editorial and branded content for show websites and social handles
* Create and maintain an innovative editorial calendar to provide amplification of linear content across several key markets
* Execute the 360* editorial process - brainstorming, writing, editing, fact-checking, proofreading and live QA checks
* Collaborate with the affiliate marketing and PR team on a daily basis
* Analyze and leverage data to drive all editorial decisions
* Act as the liaison between the show producers and Mel Robbins for all ideas; amplify broadcast initiatives for digital consumers
* Generate weekly reports on social and website content performance
* A bachelor's degree in communications, digital media, production, or a related field
* 5+ years of digital agency, journalism, or social media experience
* A deep understanding of digital content and social platforms, with an appreciation for broadcast practices
* An understanding of social media planning and buying
* Experience in syndication a plus
* A self-starter who can lead without daily oversight
* A desire to mentor and grow team members
* A demonstrable track record of creating and successfully implementing editorial plans
* Solid working knowledge of trends in digital publishing
* An eagle-eyed approach to editing
* Out-of-the-box thinker unafraid to test new strategies in order to understand the audience
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Excellent, rigorous editorial expertise
* Patience, flexibility, and agility in abundance
* Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Must be an empathetic leader
* Must have excellent time management skills
* Experience managing a small, agile team
* High EQ
* Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - NY - New York City
Associated topics: chief, co producer, director, executive, floor manager, head writer, manager, producer, showrunner, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...