21 Warren St
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We're improving the world's economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Director of Strategic Risk Initiatives is responsible for driving and supporting initiatives that transform OnDeck's operating model, including evaluation of new products, features, partnerships, and analytical approaches supporting our core product lines. Responsibilities will vary based on priorities declared by OnDeck's executive committee and Risk leadership, and will enable deep investigation of multiple aspects of the business. The candidate filling this role will lead a team that applies understanding of fundamental credit principles and analytic thinking to specific problems, produces targeted recommendations and assessments, and builds support from senior leadership before transitioning to the next area of focus.
As the Director of Strategic Risk Initiatives at OnDeck, you will:
* Support OnDeck's launch of new products by defining risk appetite, target segments, pricing, underwriting and risk mitigation strategies, and developing and monitoring test campaigns that lead to scaled launch in the market
* Partner with Product, Sales, Finance and Operations teams, as well as, peers within the Risk organization to define other key aspects of go-to-market strategy that influence the risk and profitability performance of new products
* Consult with internal partner teams on new business opportunities including proposed product features, partnership and M&A opportunities; Produce pro-forma financial projections and participate in development of new strategies
* Perform detailed analysis and interpret information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical new business opportunities including new product features, potential partnership and acquisition opportunities
* Develop solutions to targeted problems that improve analytic approaches within the Risk team, conducting focused best-practice research when necessary
* Ensure sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of OnDeck
* Ensure timely and effective communication of forecast results & interpretation; anticipating potential needs in order to establish and maintain good working relationships with key business stakeholders
* Lead a team in the delivery of the above, supporting development and success of direct reports
Necessary qualifications for success:
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative field. Master's degree preferred
* 7+ years of related experience in Risk and/or Finance with lending products in the financial services industry, including development of customer-facing strategies
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as demonstrated by prior work experience
* Deep working knowledge of analytical techniques and packages (including Excel, SQL, R) enabling solution development, and support/evaluation of team's work product
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience developing and presenting recommendations to Senior Management
* Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to OnDeck's continued success
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we've issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we're reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company's success. That's why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
* Generous Vacation
* Comprehensive Healthcare
* Educational Reimbursement
* 401k Matching
* Parental Leave
* Sports Teams
* Stocked Kitchens
* Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
* Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
* Built in NYC's 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
* Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
* Crain's New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
* Crain's New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
* Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
* Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
* FinTech Breakthrough Award - Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
* Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
* Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
* Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
* Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
* Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People's Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
* Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
* Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
* Inc. 500-5000, 2013, 2014
* Inc. Hire Power, 2013
* Lending Tree's Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
* Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
* US News & World Report, \"Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018\" - Best for Term Loans
* Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
* WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...