- NBC Universal
- $115,530.00 -170,900.00/year*
21 Warren St
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world's most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU's broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination? all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
This Director, Product Development, Cross Platform Experience will focus on creating a fluid product experience for customers across all features and devices.
* Deep understanding of TV, web & mobile platform capabilities to ensure we can bring the best experience to where users want to watch great content, including on new devices
* Identify limitations based on hardware and software and work closely with Engineering and Design teams to problem solve for new features and ensure they work seamlessly together
* Lead the prioritization of snag and bug lists and communicate these within the business
* Lead complex work and difficult features through the full software lifecycle - from inception, through requirements, design, build, release, testing, evaluation and iteration
* Prioritize delivery through a roadmap: balancing commercial and customer impact and technical effort/complexity
* Translate complex business problems into compelling features and functionality
* Manage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition to go/no-go decision
* Create and deliver exec presentations that explain product features and roadmaps, as and when required
* Carry out thorough analyses of multiple data sources to inform feature prioritization, definition and longer term product strategies
* Minimum 8 years of experience developing and managing multiple different products at scale, delivering excellent customer experiences and measurable business impact
* Specific experience of usage tracking and evaluation of user experiences (e.g. through AB testing, MVT, journey mapping, etc.)
* Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with a demonstrable ability to manage a vast array of information and work on multiple work streams
* A passion for internet-delivered TV and the potential to do more with it for customers. Experience of working within the digital TV industry in a product/technology related role or related discipline would be a significant benefit
* A solid technical understanding that will enable you to have technical conversations and to know when to challenge developers and ask pertinent questions
* A team player who is willing to share responsibilities, confer with others, help others do their jobs, lead work streams where necessary
* High degree of software literacy and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello or similar as well as analytics software.
* Understanding of software development concepts and familiarity with Agile or Continuous Integration methodology - able to think holistically while building and learning iteratively
* Product or program management experience for large media or digital video sites a plus
* College degree in a related field preferred
* Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases with an emphasis on customer value, revenue and performance
* Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership to foster shared ownership of product deliverables and shape and refine market specific agendas
* A passion for digital products and services including but not limited to streaming video, social media, interactive television, gaming, etc.
* An understanding of the television industry including business models, trends, and ecosystem of companies that comprise it.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...