ICE Data Services (an Intercontinental Exchange company, owner of the New York Stock Exchange) is seeking a senior Java Core Architect to join its Technology team. The ideal candidate will have very strong J2SE Java skills on UNIX/ Linux. This developer will be working within a small group on ICE Data Services' core technology that supports the Evaluated Pricing, ETF and Index businesses so should be familiar with pricing/ execution systems, market data and reference data. Strong knowledge and experience of messaging middleware and sockets programming is also required. The candidate will be working very closely with other developers so good communication skills are definitely a must.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a technology team architecting a market leading evaluation systems and Index/ ETF real time calculation platforms. The successful candidate will be able to multitask in a dynamic team-based environment, whilst demonstrating strong problem-solving, extensive technical skills, decision-making abilities and the highest level of professionalism.
Knowledge and Experience
* Very strong server side Java J2SE (NOT J2EE) skills. Willing to consider equivalent C++ skills * Experience with high-throughput reliable low-latency messaging systems, either as a user or (preferably) as an author * Experience with socket (TCP and UDP) programming * Experience working with large data sets in Java * Very comfortable with GNU/Linux, its commands and basic configuration files, and at least one scripting language
* Very good communication skills * Ability to work well in a team or on one's own
* Experience developing and supporting a real-time trading environment * Business knowledge of equity and fixed income securities
* Job Type: Standard * Schedule: Full-time
Associated topics: application architect, backend, back end, c/c++, design, design pattern, develop, java, senior, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.