Chief of Staff - Head of Business Operations (NYC)
USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Chief of Staff who is motivated and adaptable to support the President of Marketing Solutions and act as a strategist, trusted advisor and implementer. The Chief of Staff will focus on productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. The Chief of Staff will integrate into the organization quickly and assess issues that serve as barriers to the team or organization operating at maximum effectiveness. By taking on day-to-day tasks, the Chief of Staff will build trust and enable the President to focus on larger strategic organizational initiatives.
Direct Support of the President, USA TODAY NETWORK Marketing Solutions:
* Assist in setting the President's strategic priorities: Help the President identify the areas for direct focus and identify metrics for success. Revisit regularly and evaluate progress. * Oversee the functions of the assistant to the President to strategically manage the President's time: Provide guidance to proactively manage the meeting and travel calendar, evaluate opportunities and determine fit with priorities, ensure appropriate preparation for meetings and trips is completed and relevant agendas and documents sent to attendees. * Contribute to internal and external communications, to include drafting newsletters, announcements or other correspondence, reports, pitch decks, speeches or presentations for the President. Will coordinate with the B2B communications team and corporate communications team as needed. * Monitor information flow: Sometimes act as a gatekeeper, ensuring the President's involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment. * Manage the meeting cadence for the board of directors and leadership team, ensure materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
* Oversee large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives. * Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions. * Research, benchmark, analyze data, and make recommendations. * Create systems and processes to streamline operations.
* 7+ years in a business or executive management role * Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives * Experience with data analysis * Experience with budget management * Consulting experience with a focus on operations management * Proven success in a project coordination role * Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions * Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication * Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments * Excellent communicator in written and verbal form * Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity * Master's degree in Business Administration or similar field
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
* Job Family Operations * Job Function Marketing Solutions * Pay Type Salary * Paramount Plaza, 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Associated topics: art director, co producer, director, film, floor manager, manager, president, production, showrunner, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.