CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - \"the Eye\" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film and interactive. CBS' businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10 Australia, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports Network, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, Pop, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations and CBS Experiences.
The Senior Technical Engineer, Telecommunications is responsible for supporting the specific telecommunications requirements for CBS Properties worldwide with an emphasis on Special Events telecom project management (News, Sports, and Entertainment). The Senior Technical Engineer aids in the formulation, recommendation, interpretation and implementation of corporate-wide telecommunications systems, procedures, and policies as they relate to the overall mission of the CBS Tech Organization.
* Coordinates, communicates, organizes and consults on all facets of telecommunications procedures. Provides telecommunications support to the CBS News, Sports, and Entertainment Divisions for special events including Super Bowl, Masters, PGA Championship, NCAA Final Four, AFC Championship, Republican and Democratic Conventions and CBS Upfront presentation. This involves conducting client's needs assessment, analysis and aids in the selection of vendor(s) to provide telecom/data services and infrastructure to support the event while maintaining tight budgetary and billing controls.
* Travel, throughout the United States, approx. 25-50% depending on schedule of events. Large Special Event support averages two or more weeks on the road including weekends and some Holidays.
* Provisions new services/technologies, providing cost effective telecommunications alternatives to CBS clients. Partners with CBS clients to determine the best telecommunications equipment/service(s) and/or solution(s) to meet their needs.
* Responsible for the administration of CBS Telecommunications operations, including the day-to-day support and maintenance of New York Cisco UC/CUCM, Verizon Centrex, Avaya CS1000 PBX. Responsible for conferring and advising on procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
* Prepares activity and progress reports as required.
* Works with four on-site New York union telecommunications/PBX technicians.
* Performs network optimization and cost reduction studies company-wide. This includes local/long distance calling, directory assistance, carrier selection, telecommunications contract analysis and telecom circuit increase/reduction studies.
* Minimum 5 years telecommunications experience.
* Proven ability to effectively communicate, organize and manage all facets of telecommunications procedures.
* Specific knowledge of VoIP Telephony, Cisco UC/CUCM, Voice Gateways, Avaya (including Nortel), PRI, copper based services. Working knowledge of telecommunications networks, including SIP service delivery and structured cabling systems.
* Ability to work well with all levels of management/personnel. Strong Customer Service skills and flexibility to work in an environment of shifting priorities.
* Builds and preserves relationships with clients.
* Can work well under pressure situations and can recommend and apply the appropriate telecommunications technology solution for a given situation.
* Hands on experience in all areas of telecommunications and telecom vendor assessment/management.
* Advanced knowledge of VoIP as it relates to data applications/networking preferred.
* Excellent project management skills/experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent work experience.