Burns & McDonnell has exciting opportunities for Senior Architects interested in growing their careers in one of the most fast paced, innovative companies for high tech building design and construction.
Burns & McDonnell has opened a new office in Columbus, Ohio, with a team focused on mission-critical datacenter projects! This opportunity hires directly into that team and into an industry of more than $17 billion. The Columbus office is growing a full complement of professionals with expertise in in Architecture, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Construction, and Project Management. Data Centers are an aggressive market for Burns McDonnell.
Every market analysis you see agrees that there is no end in sight to this trend and this is causing enormous pressure to speed up development and increase flexibility in datacenters. This is a major reason why Burns & McDonnell is assembling a large team with integrated specialties who can take development of these mission-critical facilities from early planning, environmental and siting studies to full-scale engineering design and construction.\\\"
The Architect will manage project teams of architects, designers and engineers to create world class design on a variety of projects from concept design through completion of construction. Project focus would be data centers and telecommunications facilities but could include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional. Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
* Manage project teams and works on a variety of design projects from conceptual design through construction administration.
* Approve developing, modifying, and reviewing production drawings for mission critical facilities, healthcare facilities, airports, educational institutions, and governmental and military facilities.
* Approve the development of interiors based on client vision and architectural needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
* Expert knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architecture industry.
* Manage data complied as required by the project managers.
* Prepare and present client presentations, shop drawing review, and construction administration.
* Oversee field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
* Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities.
* Manage sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
* Responsible for ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
* Manage the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance. Present project budgets and cost estimates.
* Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the department.
* Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in architecture from accredited program is required.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience.
* Prefer previous experience in complex mission critical, healthcare, aerospace, military, airport, and institutional facility related experience.
* Ability to work across disciplines of Architecture, Structural, and MEP.
* Licensed as a registered architect in the state in which the office is located.
* Must have ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
* Expert software and computer skills required including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs, and Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills are required.
* Data center or telecommunication facility experience
* Knowledge of critical facility design and infrastructure
* Familiarity with other building systems and coordination with those systems and components