The Data Analytics Senior Analyst supports the GFCC Data Analytics Team by serving as the Subject Matter Expert (\"SME\") for AML and Sanctions-related model optimization, data governance and related analysis. Primary responsibilities include: the examination and analysis of varied data sets to identify improvements to the GFCC Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Program; the monitoring, analysis, and resolution of data governance changes and issues; preparing appropriate documentation to assist in the deliverables associated with the New York Department of Financial Services (\"NYDFS\") Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Program regulation (Part 504); leveraging advanced metrics to identify potential AML or Sanctions risks in addition to areas for improvement; working closely with technology and business partners to optimize the GFCC Transaction Monitoring and Filtering programs and to implement enhancements; developing processes to automate or improve existing manual AML or Sanctions processes.
Key responsibilities include:
* Identify issues and recommend technical enhancements to existing models and rulesets to improve productivity; * Develop custom reports and transform data across platforms * Review changes to BBH data feeds for potential risk to the GFCC Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Program * Prepare regulatory documentation for the Sanctions Filtering Program * Formulating, recommending and driving the implementation of process and/or systemic improvements; * Liaise with other business and technology groups to ensure the proper resolution of data governance issues; * Participate in the model validation process and identify and recommend solutions to findings; * Review historical alert patterns to identify false positive trends and areas for reduction through systemic rules and models;
* Coordinate with management and technology to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized based upon program needs and associated risk:
* Ensures timely completion of all mandatory training requirements; * Stays abreast of regulatory changes and news, with an emphasis on AML and Sanctions related developments;
* Undergraduate degree required * 5-7 years of related experience, preferably within a compliance function * Strong organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to identify, asses and recommend solutions to problems * Ability to multi-task and prioritize varying workload * Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills * Demonstrated ability to work across business lines * Knowledge of Fircosoft, or similar sanctions screening/filtering application preferred
What We Offer:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can * Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world * Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself - within the Firm * A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective * High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind * Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage * Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
New York Associated topics: analyse, business, business analytic, business finance, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, inspect, investment banking, market, refine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.