Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Blackbaud has created a Client Director role for our largest, most complex customers. The Client Director role is accountable to drive the overall Sales and solution strategies with our largest and most prestigious accounts, is key in said customer account growth and the long term growth of the account. The goal of the Client Director is to create customer loyalty, stimulate growth, enhance profitability, and drive innovation. Simply put, this role is the P&L owner of major a client or several clients, and the success of the role will be determined by client satisfaction, portfolio expansion and profitability related to these largest, most strategic customers.
The ultimate measure of success for a Client Director is to develop and sustain a long-term \"trusted advisor\" relationship with our clients. Utilizing deep industry knowledge and experience working with executive leadership, the Client Director will work at the highest levels and craft a strategic customer plan, which will be orchestrated between Sales, Customer Success, the Vertical and our target Customer. . The role will be responsible for developing opportunities for continued Blackbaud involvement at the executive decision level, and will have ultimate responsibility for advising the customer on strategies for both new and existing products.
As a direct report to the GM of Faith Solutions, the Client Director serves as a member of the vertical leadership team.
Strategic Account Relationship Management:
* Primary Sales and Strategy relationship owner from Blackbaud - represents all products, verticals, and COEs * Maintains trusting relationship with C-level execs at the client * Orchestrates and leverages the COEs as defined in our Blackbaud operating model, namely Customer Success, RDO, Customer Support and Services * Works with client, the Vertical and COEs to effectively communicate Executive updates on various topics, from Roadmap and Strategies to (if active) Program and Delivery updates, current production exection, etc. * Represents the voice of the customer back to Blackbaud - heavily influences product roadmaps, keeps Blackbaud Execs informed of various issues, coordinates \"support\" when needed * Balances the customer needs with Blackbaud business needs and best practices * Creates and maintains a long-term strategy for the client account * Leads quarterly business reviews with the client, Customer Success and Blackbaud executives
* Owns responsibility for accurate prediction and delivery of financial outcomes * Individual will be responsible for delivering on specific customer revenue targets * Identifies and develops client specific opportunities * Increases Blackbaud wallet share within the client account through expansion
* Maintains (directly and/or indirectly) accurate sales records, figures, and reports in the sales database and the relevant customer information * Understands the needs of Blackbaud and participates in sales meetings and training programs * Works with Customer Success supporting customer time to value activities (adoption, usage, outcomes, etc.) as well as retention/renewal strategies * Works well with Product, keep abreast with the latest trends and stay ahead of the competitors and its products by conducting proper research Improve the market share in both, domestic and international sectors * Prepares and approves the key account budget requirements for overall sales targets * Determines the needs of the customer and the prices and discount rates for the products of the company as it relates to key accounts * Is key in identifying and execution on Customer Renewal and Retention Strategies
* Strong communication and negotiation skills * Exellent analytical skills and should be able to think creatively and identify and tap potential clients and be able to understand their needs. * Strong background in account management and sales with an ability to influence and negotiate the contract terms. * Self-motivated and should have an ability to handle pressure situations and work in a target oriented environment. * Ability to work in a matrixed environment and coordinate activities across different company channels
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree required * 10 years of deep not-for-profit, technology, etc. expertise preferred * 10 years of experience structuring large bundled deals in the technology industry * Minimum 10 years delivery, sales and account management experience * Extensive experience working for a Product and/or Services company * A history of exceeding financial commitments * Experience working in a large, matrix organization with complex products and services
Why you'll want to come work here:
* Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match * Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities * Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25 and Fortune's Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement * Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: bi, business, business development, business growth, business management, channel partner, guest, regional sales, territory sales, transaction
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.