We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we're making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we've:
* Helped more than 10,000 families get home * Financed over $2B in loans * Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans * Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we're not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Director of Product Management to help the company navigate through our ongoing growth. Straddling the line between high-level strategy and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and respectful of the importance of design in elevating customer experiences. You'll work collaboratively with a team of senior engineers, designers, data scientists, marketers, and business strategists to optimize our current products, as well as build new ones from white space.
Responsibilities will include:
* Managing a team of Product Managers * Representing the product area to the rest of the organization and interface with the executive team on roadmap * Defining roadmap through deep research and understanding of business goals * Own a product area and the long term vision, as well as supervise and be involved in the day to day work: making sure we ship high quality work every day * Monitoring metrics to validate solutions and inform future iteration * Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
* 8-10+ years experience in product management * Experience leading a team of Product Managers in a startup environment * Process thinking. You can analyze a complex process and find ways to simplify it * Technical proficiency. You are a trusted partner to engineers, and you are willing to analyze data and assist with technical trade-offs when needed * Easy to work with. You understand the perspectives of our users, our customer support team, our operations team, and our design team, and you consider these viewpoints when creating product solutions * Ability to get up to speed fast. You're curious about how underwriting, home appraisals, title insurance, credit checks, regulatory disclosures, and closing work. You're willing to do research and interview our operations team so you can become an expert on the mortgage loan process * Excitement for Better's mission to improve access to home finance, and to use a thoughtful combination of design, operations, and technology to do so
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat. * Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously. * Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again. * Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work. * Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better. * Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands. * Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand? * Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.