BDO's Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The BDO Valuation & Business Analytics Director is responsible for leading, executing and delivery of challenging valuation engagements by participating in all aspects of projects, from the initial proposal preparation, through project completion. In this role, the Director is actively engaged in the management of business valuation assignments and managing staff in the development of such assignments. In addition, the BDO Valuation & Business Analytics Director will be charged with assisting with business development activities and appraisal reviews.
* Bachelor's degree required * Finance degree preferred * Master of Business Administration preferred
* Minimum of Ten (10) years of personal property valuation experience in a Big 4 or national valuation firm environment, most recently in a management capacity required * Significant experience in business valuation and intangible assets required * Prior experience in financial reporting valuation and appraisal review
* CPA, CFA, AM, ASA or other valuation industry credentials preferred
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word * Prior experience with Capital IQ and Bloomberg preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Superior oral and written communication skills * Superior analytical and research skills * Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details * Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment * Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously * Capable of effective managing a team of valuation professionals and delegating work assignments as needed * Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel * Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel * Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements * Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels * Ability for intermittent travel within the US and internationally required
Associated topics: analyst, analyze, bi, business intelligence, financial analyst, financial analytic, forecasting, investment fund, monitor, refine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.