- Barclays Bank
- $205,500.00 -205,500.00/year*
21 Warren St
AVP - Legal Entity Control
The primary function of Financial Control is to ensure that Barclays fulfills its external financial reporting requirements, including statutory accounts, capital adequacy reporting, large exposures reporting and statistical reporting:
* Monthly, quarterly and annual management and statutory reporting that is USGAAP and IFRS compliant.
* Regulatory filings to the Federal Reserve, the PRA, the Bank of England and other regulatory bodies, ensuring the appropriate control framework is in place.
* Setting and monitoring of compliance with accounting, regulatory and balance sheet control policy.
* Technical accounting and regulatory policy advice within Barclays and reviewing accounting issues with its clients.
* Control of all non-trade related balance sheet accounts.
* The primary interface with our auditors and regulators.
What will you be doing?
* Responsible for the month end close across the various sub ledgers within Barclays Capital Inc. (BCI), our registered broker-dealer - ensuring reporting is in compliance with both IFRS and US GAAP.
* Perform first level review and fundamental analytics of the balance sheet and P&L reporting schedules prior to submission to mid and senior management.
* Responsible for the month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and review. Identification, escalation and resolution of issues associated with substantiation.
* Prepare quarter end and year end reporting schedules for the Financial Reporting group and Regulatory Reporting group. Work proactively in non quarter end periods to address problem areas from prior reporting periods.
What we're looking for:
* BA/BS Accounting / Finance
* 4 years of relevant work experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Public accounting audit experience, CPA
* SAP, Hyperion
* Working knowledge of relevant accounting standards under both US GAAP & IFRS
* Experience preparing monthly, quarterly and yearend financial reporting, including disclosure requirements
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Associated topics: accounting, analyst, bank, cfa, credit, equity trading, financial controller, fiscal, investment banking, kpmg
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...