The Client Protection Organization is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our team as a Senior Fraud Data Scientist. In this role, you will be expected to work with our lead data scientist and the team executive as well as our internal analytics, technology, product and policy partners to deploy advanced analytical solutions with the goal of reducing fraud losses, reducing false positive declines at the point-of-sale, improving client experience, and ensuring the Bank minimizes its total cost of fraud. Some tasks that this role may be responsible for include (but are not limited to):
* Data Science * feature engineering * advanced model building (decision trees , gbm , knn, kmeans, neural networks) * model validation
* Analytics * Help improve strategies on projects * Lift Analysis (if we did x process , data source, or model, how much money would it achieve) * Identify Problem Areas - I.E we have loss on overrides, is this because of bad overrides authentication, synthetic fraud, or we override too liberally
* Data Engineering Management * SME of Data Sources at the bank * Manage the relationship with the Data Ingestion team and Data Management team to ensure things are done properly * Source and prioritize new data sources
* Platform Engineering Management * Help drive innovation in analytics platforms and techniques through adoption of critical technologies by creating business cases that will benefit the bank * Represent Fraud Data Science and work with our partners in GT&O to ensure that the technology is built correctly and on time
In addition, the role will be expected to work with the lead data scientist and the team executive and stakeholders to help develop the data strategy for client protection to ensure the organization has the proper data to make the right decisions, with a priority on data availability in real-time, and generating true customer-level views able to make intelligent fraud decisions leveraging the entirety of our interactions with a customer.
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, economics, finance, business, computer science. Master's degree or higher preferred. In lieu of a specific degree, advanced certifications in combination with strong experience will also be considered. * The candidate must be at an advanced to expert level with Python, with proficient-or-better skills expected in SAS and SQL. * Must have 5+ years' experience with data, distributed platforms, and/or analytics, with preference working in financial services. Strong preference to experience in fraud or cybersecurity. * Candidate must have a proven track record of building and deploying analytical solutions that have resulted in material financial results and extensive management experience. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical. Must have exceptional organizational, project management and communications skills.
Solid knowledge of R, Java or Spark, and various commercial and model generation software. Should additionally have familiarity with other tools such as HUE, Hive, and other data gathering tools
Posting Date: 05/29/2019
Location: Newark, DE, Deerfield I, 655 Paper Mill Rd, Jacksonville, FL, BANK OF AMERICA OFFICE PARK, 9000 SOUTHSIDE BLVD BLDG 600, New York, NY, 50 Rockefeller Plaza (NY1050), Fort Worth, TX, 4200 AMON CARTER BLVD (TX2980), - United States
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Associated topics: data center, data integration, data manager, data quality, data warehousing, erp, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.