- AllianceBernstein Holding LP
- $131,650.00 -131,650.00/year*
21 Warren St
AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AB employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies, and alternative investments, and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AB's research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AB is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AB also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
This position is located in Nashville, TN. (Please only apply if open to relocation to Nashville).
OPS Group Description:Provide a brief overview of the OPS group, including the core businesses and business functions and applications the group supports, or, if an enterprise-servicing group, what enterprise functions and applications it supports:
OPS Job Description:We are seeking a Nashville-based Derivative Middle Office Analyst to join our Middle Office Team in the Derivative Operations.
Describe the role:
The Derivative Middle Office Analyst will be responsible for OTC trade affirmation, capture and accounting for a diverse product set including but not limited to Interest Rate Swaps, Rate Swaptions, Credit Default Swaps, Credit Options, Credit Index Tranches, Equity Linked Swaps, Commodity Linked Swaps, OTC Equity Options, OTC Commodity Options, FX Options and Variance Swaps. This position will report to the manager of the Derivative Middle Office Team. Additionally, the Derivative Middle Office Analyst will collaborate with the front office in the escalation and resolution of trade disputes as well as the technology team for enhancements across all asset classes.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
* Ensure all aspects of OTC Derivative trade capture, affirmation, and allocations are carried out in a timely manner
* Interact with counterparties to ensure trade activity is agreed on trade date
* Perform upfront fee and termination fee calculations for relevant OTC deals on trade date
* Assist with implementing industry initiatives as well as internal efficiencies and improvement
* Perform daily activity report validation
* Perform ad-hoc request support and analysis
* Ensure all aspects of OTC derivative cash settlements are carried out in a timely manner
* Perform counterparty position and cash reconciliation for desks
* Interact with counterparties to make sure all payments are affirmed
* Promptly settle and track all outgoing and incoming payments
* Perform swap resets for OTC deals
* Perform fail management and break resolution related to OTC derivative cash settlements
* Participate in Industry Calls and implementing industry initiatives as needed.
What makes this role unique or interesting?
The OTC Middle Office offers high visibility to AB traders and portfolio managers. This role also works closely with dealer sales and trading desks. Likewise, the OTC Middle Office is the hub of the Derivative Operations team, offering exposure to all facets of operations and technology
What is the professional development value of this role?
This role will offer candidates an opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the OTC markets, honing professional skills on presenting to senior audiences.
The ideal candidate should have a degree in finance, economics or another relevant discipline. 1-3 years experience supporting middle office functions related to OTC and/or Listed Derivatives on the sell-side or buy-side is required.
Our Middle Office Analysts typically have track records of outstanding professional performance or academic achievement, along with excellent analytical skills and financial skills as well as strong communication skills. Candidates should have a strong ability to work in a collaborative environment and to present results to both expert and non-expert audiences. Our middle office analysts will use Bloomberg, ICE, Markit, DTCC and Calypso extensively so a thorough understanding of these tools is required.
Special Knowledge: An understanding of OTC Derivative products or familiarity with general trade support, Middle Office functions
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Associated topics: business, business analyst, economy asset, market, financial, financial analyst, gs 0110 12, investment, real estate, valuation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...